Wednesday, November 5, 2008

All The Little Stories Get Their Printing

From Newsweek's "How He Did It" Campaign Follow-up:

"The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.""

This is going to be a must read for the interim; at some point, someone will write the book on this campaign, and I will read it the way that wolverines consume meat, but until then, this will have to do. But I love that snark of Obama's up there. And now that he's President, I hope we get to see more of it. But read the article for all the other bits of insight into the campaign - like how Sarah Palin basically ripped the McCain campaign off on that shopping spree, which apparently was way more than the 150k we first heard about. Oh, Sarah!

That Is All For Now.

No comments: